Saturday, January 14, 2012

Chapter #6

After reading Chapter 6 I became focused on the information pertaining to writing lesson plans.  As an up and coming teacher I do have worries about how well I’ll be able to write a lesson plan, and if I’ll be able to use all of the allotted time in the classroom.  I thought the part of not making the lesson plan a “daily” lesson plan was helpful.  It helps with my fear of not having enough information for the class period by allowing it to be carried over to other days.  The most effective way that I have personally witnessed to help students during down time was also discussed in this section.  Having an anchor assignment I believe is essential to maintaining focus in the classroom at all times.  This will allow students to always have something to do even if you run out of material to discuss with them.  Reading this just solidified in my mind that it is important to have a creative and meaningful anchor assignment to help make the class run more effectively at all times.

No comments:

Post a Comment